eBook PDF Aroused : The History of Hormones and How They Control Just About Everything Download Full File
Metabolism, behaviour, sleep, mood swings, the immune system, fighting, fleeing, puberty and sex: these are just a few of the things our bodies control with hormones. Armed with a healthy dose of wit and curiosity, medical journalist Randi Hutter Epstein takes us on a journey through the unusual history of these potent chemicals from a basement filled with jarred nineteenth-century brains to a twenty-first-century hormone clinic in Los Angeles.
Brimming with fascinating anecdotes, illuminating new medical research and humorous details, Aroused introduces the leading scientists who made life-changing discoveries about the hormone imbalances that ail us, as well as the charlatans who used those discoveries to peddle false remedies.
- Format: Paperback | 336 pages
- Dimensions: 140 x 208 x 20mm | 259g
- Publication date: 23 Jul 2019
- Publisher: WW Norton & Co
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: Reprint
- Illustrations note: 10 illustrations
- ISBN10: 0393357082
- ISBN13: 9780393357080
- Bestsellers rank: 395,144