Since November 2012, I’ve been a Contributing Writer, occasional Site Editor, and Public Relations Liaison for NewYork.com. I’ve written hundreds of product write-ups for the site that don’t come with a byline (find a sample here), but you can find a complete list of the 161 (and counting) articles I’ve written for the site, ranging from real estate and job-searching advice to where to find the best Santas and the best camping in NYC, by following this link.
From May 2012 to June 2013, I worked as a NYC Scout for Citysearch.com.
- My reviews ranged from restaurants and boutiques to churches and parks.
- I also wrote Citysearch guides, ranging from the best places for vegetarian food in New York City and Chicago to places I miss from my childhood in New Braunfels TX.
During my three years as a City Editor with GoCityKids.com (an MTV Networks property) I wrote thousands of calendar listings, e-newsletter entries, and reviews; here is a sample of hotel reviews (with a family-friendly focus):
- Conrad (Chicago)
- InterContinental The Barclay (New York City)
- Hotel Edison (New York City)
- Peninsula Hotel (Chicago)
- Ritz-Carlton (Chicago)
I helped launch Reuseit.com (back when they were known as ReusableBags.com) by writing product descriptions, reviewing products, and updating web content. Here are a but a few samples of the many I wrote: